Any motion towards trying to change anything in ourselves or others is just perpetuating our tendency to seek outwardly for the perfect experience that will end our suffering. 

I used to think that one day I would reach a certain state and then I would be free.  I believed that the divine could only look a certain way.  So I kept trying to let go of the states that didn't feel like god and work towards the ones that did in order to free myself.  Needless to say, I failed miserably at the whole thing.  Thank God!  The things I used to think weren't god all boiled down to a core belief that this isn't supposed to be happening.  The motion to seek is so deeply routed and hard to identify until you completely fail at spiritual life.

And in that failing, you finally get that there is nothing missing from your experience.  Everything is right here, as it always has been and always will be.  Life then becomes about learning how to dance right where you are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A passage from an Adi Da poem

The Guru is Within

Living as the rawness of life